No luck for the beaters :(

Subject: No luck for the beaters :(
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 15:39:14 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well some of you suggested that I make my 72 Midget ($150) a beater and
drive it around in its present sad, rusty condition, while I restore my
73 (also $150).  As many of you know, the transmission is full of rocks
(seemingly) and the driveshaft is disconnected.
Well today, while oiling the bores again to ease engine turning over
should it ever occur, I discovered that a hydraulic hose is
disconnected.  This obviously goes to the slave cylinder at the
transmission (it's right down there) as all the brake lines in the
frontal area have homes.
So maybe firing this sad old 72 Midget to life is going to be a bit more
difficult after all, but I'm still committed to it!  Once it warms up
enough to crawl under the car (and I have enough jack to raise it &
stands to hold it), I have to reconnect the driveshaft and see about the
clutch slave cyl.  It's clear that a transmission-ectomy was in the
works..shifter removed, driveshaft removed, slave cylinder disconnected.

Also, to add this car's DPO to the "Official LBC Owners' DPO Hall of
Fame," the engine AND oil filter were painted bright orange.  This
doesn't tell me much about the car's service history :(
Sobbing :(
Tyson
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/midgets.html