non-standard e-mail features are very irritating

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: non-standard e-mail features are very irritating
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 20:42:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I use Eudora e-mail (which is to e-mail programs what Netscape is to web
browsers) - so I'm using a "standard" but I keep getting strange stuff
within and attached to e-mail messages from the list.

For example, what the heck is this vcard.vcf attachment stuff (see below) -
what is the purpose?  I bet everyone on the list now has it in their e-mail
attachment directory if they are running a standard e-mail program.  I
looked and I now have 10 of these little *.vcf files there that I can't do
anything with.  Personally, I don't want unsolicited 1K attachments to wade
through before deletion.  (It's probably some bell or whistle feature from a
program few of us have)

Also, I'm tired of getting HTML tagged text duplicates in my e-mail (I think
this comes from Netscape Mail).

Let's turn off the fancy crap in our e-mail programs that isn't universally
used.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Les Myer