Re: PDLJMPR IRC chat night...

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>, "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: PDLJMPR IRC chat night...
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 97 10:30:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Hey everybody,
>
>Don't forget the PDLJMPR chat Thursday night.
>
>IRC server chat.kansascity.com
>channel : #PDLJMPR
>03:00-04:00 Greenwich Mean Time
>21:00-22:00 U.S. Eastern Time
>20:00-21:00 U.S. Central Time
>19:00-20:00 U.S. Mountain Time
>18:00-19:00 U.S. Pacific Time
>
>The below link is a very simple irc program for windows 3.1 and win95
>http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/ezirc131.zip
>
>--
>Patton Dickson                              Dallas, TX
>
>1967 Austin-Healey Sprite                   H-AN9-L/69437
>See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
>http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html
Just in case Here are some simple instructions for a Mac client. I will
not be there tonight But I will try to join up after the holidays. Be
sure to substitute chat.kansascity.com for the server and #PDJMPR for the
channel. This was posted for an MG IRC Monday 12/22 night @ 7:30 Xmas
Chat.
Larry Macy
78 Midget

Be sure to
Ok
Here's the best shot I can give for the Mac users.
Get Ircle 3.0 from www.download.com (shareware 30 day demo, please pay
the fee if you use).
Unstuff - there is no installer.
Start Ircle
In the "Connections" window click on Server. This will open a list of a
vailable servers Choose one of the EFnet servers (there are a lot) Kai
recommended irc.sprynet.com then click on Select.
Then in the "Connections" window click on edit
This will open a window where you can enter you name e-mail address (goes
under the Tab: Misc./CTCP) etc and choose a nickname, Username (default
is newbie keep it if you want), and realname no need for a password. No
need at this time to edit the Autoexec tab either. If you choose a
nickname that is already in use when you log on the server will tell you.
Then click on Connect. This will open the connection.
Under the "Commands" Menu is Join (Command-J)
Type  #mg in the Channel box and click OK
You get a goofy message from Kai about going to school.

See ya all on Monday!!!!!

Larry Macy
78 Midget (midget78 for irc)