Re: Re:Bought it! -Now what?

To: "FrogEye56" <FrogEye56@aol.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re:Bought it! -Now what?
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 16:33:31 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Actually had a similar dilemma with my Spitfire that someone gave me a few
years ago (I've mentioned it before on this list ad nauseum).  I was
running out of time in the garage I was working in because the guy who gave
me the Spit was going to store his TR6 in there.  I slapped it back
together again (renewing the only the brakes and sealing up the diff, which
leaked like a sieve).  I drove the car for 3 months, then the decision to
restore it was made for me by the car, as it began to self destruct.  It
was a blast driving it, and it was a blast restoring it.  Given all things
equal, I'd restore it first, though.  Either way you'll have fun.

Enjoy the Bugeye, and happy holidays.
'61 Bugeye

ps - I understand the Spit just changed hands in upstate NY for $1200, sold
by the guy I sold it to who was under financial duress.  If the new owner
happens to be out there - I'll give you $1250 for it!