2nd gear balk ring

To: "Sprite List" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2nd gear balk ring
From: "Jeff Church" <jchurch@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 09:58:49 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I'm getting ready to put a new clutch in the Bugeye. As I will have the
engine out, I will ask my mechanic to take a look at the tranny an replace
the 2nd gear balk ring.  I cannot currently downshift into second unless the
car is just about stopped.  My problem is in locating a balk ring.

As I understand it basically floats until it is engaged onto the cone
synchronizer?? I do not need the 2nd gear with it's press fitted cone, I
only need the balk ring, right?  Anyway, sources for this dude would be
helpful. I believe the part number is 2A3333.  If I cannot locate one, I
guess I'll just have to keep making turns in 3rd.  What a drag.

Jeff
'59 Bugeye
AN5L 11627