Masonite 101...was-Re: Midget (MK III) Interior

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Masonite 101...was-Re: Midget (MK III) Interior
From: Christopher T Palmer <ctp@gbn.org>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:28:34 +0100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Regarding Masonite (TM)
I can almost promise that it will break...Masonite is made in sort of
random layers or 'leaves' if you will.  The shiny side is called the
'tempered' side.
Masonite is brittle all the way thru, so no matter what side you score the
side you bend to will break or at least will crack to the point of having
no strength.  If I were to try that method, I would put GOOD duct tape on
the side I was bending towards, then bend, then tape up the 'scored' side
(use extra tape on the non tempered side, tape doesn't stick well to the
fuzzy surface (unless you have the stuff thats tempered on both sides))

The score and bend method works well with products like 'Sintra' available
at most sign shops.  It's a plastic sheet that is very easy to work with.

Hope this hels!
CTP