Fasteners

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fasteners
From: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 98 07:53:12 CST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
David,
The most common one is the 1/4-28 by about 3/4" hex head.
Then comes the 5/16-24 by 3/4".
You may need a couple of 3/8-24 nuts for the rear axle straps.
The front bumper requires 1/2-20 nuts.

I have had good luck with an industrial supply house where I
ordered some of this hardware along with some 1/4 and 5/16
fine thread nyloc nuts--all stainless.  Since their catalog
is limited to companies that do a lot of business, I can
look up the part numbers and supply their phone number to you
If you like.  They have phenominal service and take Visa.  Your
order arrives on your doorstep two days later no matter what.

Other than that, I've found that True Value or C&S hardware
stores carry Hillman brand fasteners here in Dallas and they
usually have a box of 10 of each size stainless fine thread
fastener I need (except the nylocs).  So I go by nearly every
evening after work and get just what I need at the moment.

If you want to do  a total strip down, I'd recommend buying
a box of each listed at the top before you begin.

Shawn
'69 Midget
Been there, Doing that.