Re: Fasteners

To: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Subject: Re: Fasteners
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:29:25 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Be careful with stainless fasteners in non-stainless holes, so to speak.
Stainless can gall badly, and effectively seize in holes pretty easily, and
it's so hard that it's almost impossible to drill out.  I've had stainless
sheet metal trim screws seize to the point where they had to be ground out -
drillng didn't work.

Cheers, Brian