'79 Springs (new to list)

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: '79 Springs (new to list)
From: Jeff Sharpe <jsharpe@501studios.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:50:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I've recently acquired a '79 Midget that sat for about five years and has
been brought back to life through the tremendous efforts of my local MG
mechanic.  The most critical issue remaining is the pronounced lean of the
car on the driver's side (at least 1.5 inches).  We re-arced the driver's
side rear leaf, but that proved only about 50% successful. As funds are low,
I would like to avoid experimenting with spring replacement, more re-arcing
or spreaders.  Can anyone help me accurately diagnose a problem like this?

Thanks!

Jeff Sharpe
'79 Midget
'71 MGB