Re: Tight bearings

To: Guy Weller <GuyWeller@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Tight bearings
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 19:18:40 -0600
Cc: spridgets list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, Team Thicko List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Guy,

The crank on my 948cc race car (the Red Rat Bastard) was nitrided years ago.
I've managed to not have it ground during the last 3 rebuilds. When torqueing
down the mains, it turns hard until the last one's done.The it's fine. It must
have a slight bend or the block needs to be line bored. Whatever the reason,
it's on it's 3rd season with these bearings, and (can I get a witness?) I abuse
the hell out of it.

WST
Team Thicko
<http://www.thicko.com>