Re: radio

To: Chuck Simmers <Chuck_Simmers@ccm.ch.intel.com>
Subject: Re: radio
From: alan b fisher <hello39@idt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:36:27 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chuck Simmers wrote:

> I made a aluminum plate the same size as the original speaker and has
> two holes
> cut to mount two 3 1/2" (90mm) bi-axial speakers side-by-side.

Chuck and all,
I took a cardboard template to a sheetmetal shop and had a console made
that
sits ontop off the tranny hump forward of the shifter. There's plenty of
room for a
radio and left and right speakers on the sides plus plenty of space to
add toggle
switches,clocks and any other non stock goodies. It can be painted or
covered
as desired and fits nicely under the dash. It was designed for the 65
Sprite but
can be used in 58-74 models and gives more leg and knee room than the
stock
radio console that came with our cars. I can provide a sketch or even
have a few
left as it was cheaper to have 6 made at once.
Let me know if anyone is interested
Regards
Alan