Re: headrests

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, "Nolan, Michael F." <Michael_Nolan@cuusa.com>
Subject: Re: headrests
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 20:06:46 -0500
Cc: "'spridge'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Are RB Midget headrests attached differently from those for a CB?  I
couldn't get the headrests off my CB Midget, either, until I ripped off the
upholstery (I was putting in an interior kit anyway).  My headrests are
permanently held in the seat frame by a flat spring at the bottom of the
headrest support.  One side of this spring is beveled so that when you push
the headrest into place, the beveled edge compresses the spring, but once
in place the spring pops out and no amount of pulling is going to get it
out of there. until you shear the spring -- or remove the upholstery and
compress the spring.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain