Re: attaching the hardtop

To: BRUCE48127 <BRUCE48127@aol.com>
Subject: Re: attaching the hardtop
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:37:20 +0200
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
BRUCE48127 wrote:
> These two statements do not compute.  The factory hardtop is not metal, it is
> fiberglass.

Bruce,
You may be right but mine is made of metal, weighs a ton, I cannot
possibly
lift it off the car alone, has a little label that says "Denis Ferranti
Laminations Ltd" - firm extinct, and according to the Certificate
this is what the car was shipped with. An exception, perhaps.

> changed on each model.  You cannot simply change seals and make one fit
> another,. You many get it to stay on the car, but that does not mean that it
> fits.

This is precisely why I am looking for the right seals and retainers,
for my MkIII hardtop which, btw, looks exactly identical to the one
in the BMC Body Service Parts List, document AKD-3514, covering all
body aspects of MkIII and MkIV Sprites (and MkII and MkIII Midgets),
printed in 1969!

Now, any ideas on where to get those impossible to find seals and stuff,
besides the obvious huge supplier who don't have them anyway?

Evangelos