Probable Cause

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Probable Cause
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 19:19:20 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers,

For those following my dilema with the severe oil leak and an almost daily
engine pull, I think I may have found the cause.
Out of balance flywheel, I always prime my flywheels and write down that
particular engines specs and date of rebuild, etc. the primer on the back
side was scraped off is 2 spots 180 degees of each other.
The engine did have a bad vibration at 2500 rpms (in neutral)
My theroy is that the wobbling flywheel cause the crank to jump around and
thus send oil out the rear end.
Any way that engine and flywheel are no longer in the car, the new
re-uh-semi-reconditioned is ready to install as soon as the paint drys a
bit more, like tomorrow after work.

Any other thoughts?
Whooped flywheel?
Bent crank?