Re: Probable Cause

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@Exit109.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Probable Cause
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 20:13:07 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank,
I'd bet that hteory is correct.  This happened to me on a Lotus (aluminum
flywheel - warps if the sun shines at the wrong angle) - ended up trashing
the thrust washers on the crankshaft.  The resulting fore/aft motion of the
crank acted like an oil pump.  Sorry I didn't think of it.

BTW, Lotus flywheel list price was $1400 ($670 direct from England,
though), if the painful memory is correct.  I've paid less for LBC's in my
life.

Halftime ending - back to the game...
Ron