Shake Down Drive

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shake Down Drive
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 18:46:57 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers

I took out the ole 60 Bugeye today for a 200 mile shake down drive.
Well, we also had a brew pub in mind across the State!

No problems to speak of. The differnt engine runs great, the 5 speed is a
charm, although I still can't get used to the long space between 2nd and
3rd but 5th more then makes up for that.
I lost my bonnet badge (I guess I forgot to put the clips on) but
fortunatly it popped out and flew up on the wiper arem, I just reached out
and grabbed it.
I had about 100 rattles, 97 of them were the side curtains, 1 was the top
fluttering, 1 was the loose steering wheel plinth, and 1 was the door latch
assembly.
I also had a thunk (major) in the back end, no loose shocks or springs,
tight muffler, I guess I'll fix that when it breaks.

All in all, 200 miles, great gas mileage, and no worries.
It's finally finished! Now on to the new tranny for the wife's Sprite.
The one my son blew up while racing! ("But dad it just happened")
--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites