Re: Wiper motor Mounts

To: Rick / Carolyn Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Wiper motor Mounts
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 18:27:18 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick / Carolyn Walters wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Having a lot of fun trying to mount the wiper motor.  The special mounts
> that fit into the body are not fitting.  So What's the secret tricks for
> getting them to fit?  I was thinking of using a longer screw and a
> socket to pull it in from the back side by tightening the nut through
> the socket.   What have you all tried with success?
>
> Rick
>
> 52 MGTD, 74 B, 76 XJ12C (wife's), and Puddles (60 Frogeye)

Rick

Try a little dish soap on the rubbers.
If they are UK made they should be a bit tough but will fit perfectly once
you get them in the hole. If they are Taiwan made, throw them out!
They just aren't even close.
Seven Enterprises sells the correct ones.
You can also find a reasonably close alternative at a well stocked hardware
store. I forget what they call them but they work. They are  just a bit
thinner on one side, I mounted the thin side inside the car, the outside
looks the same and buffers the wiper motor just as good as the originals,
they were about 25 cents each as opposed to the "wiper mount kit" which
includes new studs, nuts, washers, and grommets.

Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98
For more info on Sprite Rush, the 40th anniversery of the Sprite
Check out my home page  http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut