Re: Re: side curtains

To: dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Re: side curtains
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:42:50 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Crash,

Slide the window to the middle of the frame and then bend it to remove.  I
always feel better if I wear some face protection and gloves while removing
and reinstalling the plexy or Lexan.  Face protection / gloves are probable
more important during removal since the old material may have internal
fractures.  You should be able to get material from industrial plastic
suppliers.  If you opt for Lexan there may be a minimum material requirement.
The supplier should make basic cuts for you.  So you remove the old windows,
measure the material height and have your stock cut to that dimension.  Get
the length equal to two windows (one side curtain) plus a inch or so.  This is
9 1/8 inches high by 28 inches long for a frogeye. This will minimize the
amount of cutting you need to do.  Lay one of the old panes on the new
material with the most 90 degree corners together. The slanted center of the
pane should be about in the middle of the new material.  Trace the outline of
the old pane on the paper protective cover of the new material.  Place the
other side curtain pane (two slanted edges) with the center slanted edge
matching the line made from the first edge and trace the remaining slanted
edge on the paper cover.  You should only have three band saw cuts to make and
the slope of the center edges of the panes will match. Leave the protective
paper coating on until you are ready to finish the edges.

I did a tech session on side curtains for our club a few months back and have
both plexiglass and Lexan material available if you are interested and close
to the So. Calif. area.  Or we are planning on being at Sprite Rush if that
would help you.

Hope this helps

Bob and Ann
60 Sprite