Re: Midget Radio??

To: Mark Endicott <endicott@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Midget Radio??
From: "alan b. fisher" <hello39@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 03:13:51 -0800
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Mark Endicott wrote:

> Spridgeteers:
>
> I have been rebuilding all of the Midget interior and I am now ready
> to put it back together.  The old radio that is in the console is shot
> and I am going to replace it with something a little more modern.  The
> opening is 7 1/8 long by 2 1/8 high,  there is seemingly nothing to
> mount anything to.  The old radio (not original) was more or less held
> in with foam and one screw through a strap to the bottom of the
> console. It rattled and was always sliding around.  What type of radio
> and mounts are others using that are solid and still fit in the
> console?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mark
> WB0NOO
> 1970 MG Midget
> S/V Witchcraft,S2-27
> Nashville, TennesseeMark,
I have had a dozen or so thin stainless steel custom consoles made to
use to install radio/casssette/cd players in spridgets. They fit nicely
in front of the shifter and allow plenty of room for a new radio plus
speakers on each side by your knees and extra switches and or gauges.
They can be wrinkle painted otr covered with vinyl to match your
interior.
I can provide more info and possibly a pix as well.
Give me a toot.
They are priced very reasonable and provide a neat alternative.
Regards
Alan