Re: crank pulley bolt

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: crank pulley bolt
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 19:15:04 -0500
Cc: Healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>, "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
b-evans@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Now, in the absence of any "facts" in any manual, I want opinion on how
> to remove a seized crankshaft pulley retaining bolt.
>
> Bob Evans

Bob, and others interested.

This is not in the service manual but it "works for me"

As les said, block the crank if it is out and apart.
If the engine is in the car, put a 1 5/16" socket on the nut, jam the
breaker bar against the frame, hit the starter switch (coil disconnected)
This usually frees the nut. Be sure the lock tab is un locked.

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98