Re: side curtains/rubber mats

To: b-evans@ix.netcom.com, dwramsey@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: side curtains/rubber mats
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:27:56 EST
Cc: Bkitterer@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
The tunnel matt was indeed one piece.  and does not lay flat.  Your right
about it being an engineer(ing) thing to try to produce something noone else
has for 40 years.  Been there-done that.  Actually the blasted things are not
that difficult to make.  What stopped me after making the mold for the ribbed
door liner was cost based analysis.  Cost of the raw materials ie:resins,
synthetic rubbers, etc. would have been way over $2,500.  Just to make the
molds.  Then about $600 in resins for each complete set, not guaranteeing each
set would come out perfectly.  After 15 sets the molds get worn out and you
have to start again.  After putting the concept on the net here, about 10 or
so responded that they'd maybe buy a set for $500.  Well let see...$100. loss
per set for materials=$1000. plus the $2,500.  Not to mention the 100 hours of
labor it takes to make the molds etc.    I now have a clear understanding why
they haven't been made todate.  PS:  Anyone need one side of the ribbed door
liner?  I can make you all you want of ONE side.

george marinos
AN6 MKII Sprite
nj