Re: side curtains/rubber mats

To: Bkitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re: side curtains/rubber mats
From: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 98 18:17:29 PST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,
        Thanks for the help.  I think I will start on the side curtains next
week.  Should I use a blow dryer to heat the old windows to help remove them?
        Right now I am very carefully removing the original blue rubber mats
from my 61 Bug-I.  I plan to spec them out and draw them in autocad (good
practice for me) and submit them to a rubber molding company that has cad/cam
to make the molds.  I know that people have tried this in the past and failed.
Got to try just because "they" say it can't be done (you know it's an Engineer
thing).  I have one big problem.  In "Original Sprite & Midget" on pages 24-25
& 71 they show the tunnel mat to be one piece, in my car the the mat is two
pieces like the later carpet  kits.  Anybody with rubber mats in their Bug-I
know about this???????????
                        Crash