5-spd reviews?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5-spd reviews?
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 98 19:53:41 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
  Howdy y'all! ;-)
  I have only been on this list a couple of days now and am impressed with
the lack of back-biting.  Sounds like a fun group!  :-)
  Lately I've gotten interested in getting my '73 Spridget out of the weeds
and back on the road.  (Hi, Tom Shirley!)
  My transmission is good, and quiet, except for jumping out of 4th gear
at cruising speed(wakes me up every time!).  Since I'm considering pulling
the engine anyway, what is the consensus on the choice between having that
fixed or converting to a Datsun 5-spd?
  There appear to be two or more folks making adapters for the 5-spd conver-
sion. What are this groups' opinions on the good/bad features of the different
kits available?  Or, if there is a faq list with this already in it, point me
to it and I'll read that before wasting space on repitition here. :-)
  Thanks,
          Ed in NC