Re: Left Lane Cruiser!

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Left Lane Cruiser!
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:44:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I think you are confusing the difference between brake horsepower (bhp -
measured at the flywheel) and net horsepower (which is bhp measured at the
flywheel with all accessories installed and running) and DIN horsepower
(which no one has been able to define so far).  Net horsepower is measured
at the flywheel after driving the smog pump, power steering pump, water
pump, alternator, & air conditioning.  The net measurement went into effect
in 1973 for American made cars and this is exclusively why the 400
horsepower specs disappeared.

Also, according to Horler, the 65bhp spec for home market 1500s was not
"the later and standardised DIN values of measured horsepower" (see p 127,
last paragraph)......who to believe.......we may never settle this.

Les

Les