Re: Troubles with Tacho

To: Greg MAHNEY <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Subject: Re: Troubles with Tacho
From: Chris Stevenson <minor@sunset.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 19:35:57 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 Something is wrong in # 3 in the procedure. The non-distributor side is a
regular hot wire when the ignition is on and on the key it will be the same.
You`ll probably have to run the wire from the distributor side of the coil (for
getting the ignition-impulses) to the tach and from there, probably to the
ground - I can`t be sure, there are several different systems, depending on the
brand. What the tach does is reacting on the discharge of the power-build up in
the coil, thats when the points open.
 Good luck
   Chris