Someone tried to steal my car!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Someone tried to steal my car!
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 17:54:58 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Poor Healium has been under cover for a few weeks now, and I finally got
around to taking him out for a spin.  Healium spends his spare time under a
waterproof cover so I hadn't seen him for a good while.  When we took the
cover off we found that both doors were open, the top snap was undone on the
driver's side, and the driver's side curtain was almost off.  I couldn't
believe we had left it in that condition, but didn't give it too much
thought.  Paul and I took off to run our errands with him following me in the
Impala. When we got to our destination he said, "I don't remember that front
fender lining up so badly."  The more we discussed it and the more we started
putting two and two together, the more we realized that someone had been
messing with my car.  Apparently the moron thought the bonnet opened from the
back and tried to pry it up from that point.  The bonnet on Healium is tough
to line up so I was surprised to find that it was properly latched with the
safety catch engaged.  Apparently the idiot didn't even try opening it from
the front.

This is the second time someone has fiddled with my car when I wasn't
around.  It's infuriating to think that there are that many people out there
who have no qualms about violating others' property.

There's really no point to this message.  There's nothing you guys can do to
keep people away from my car.  I guess I'm just looking for some
commiseration.  Thanks for understanding.

Amy