Help with the new Midget

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Help with the new Midget
From: transerv@sprynet.com
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:58:33 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, my new midget will jump off, but the battery will not start it.  I put
the
charger on th battery for about 6 hours today (20 amp charger) and it will just
barely turn over.  I'll charge it some more tomorrow.  I'd charge it all night,
but while it was on the charger in my shop today, out of the car, the battery
weeped some electrolite onto the top of the battery.  I don't want to charge it
in the car and have acid possibly in the battery box.

Yesterday I anticipated this and stopped by Pep Boys for one of their sale
batteries...$29.95 with rebate.  The fellow said, "that's a special size we
don't stock", and I said, in my infinite wisdom, "just give me a group 24,
it'll
fit."
HA!
No way the group 24 would fit.  At SAMs today, their computer said, for 70-79
Midget, contact my dealer!!!!!
Asny suggestions?
Special order, or is there a motor cycle size that will fit?

First help call...........

Robert Houston
new 74 Midget