[no subject]

To: "spridgetlist" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
From: "William M. Schickling" <bugeye@dreamscape.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:20:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I tried to send this message this morning. I waited all day for a response.
Realized I never received the original from the list. So I apologize if this
is a repeat.

I am trying to help a friend switch from a smoothcase to a ribcase
transmission. The tranny he purchased apears to be in very good shape except
for one small detail. For the life of us we can not find reverse. We have
tried many things. My question is, does the ribcase transmission have an
electronic or mechanical lockout for reverse ? What if anything would
prevent the gear selector from going into reverse. I'm not joking when I say
you'd swear there isn't reverse on this transmission. There isn't even a
notch or slight catch between third and forth. Any help would be
appreciated. This isn't my car so I don't have a great deal of details. Are
we making a very obvoius mistake ?

Bill Schickling