Re: Tyre Sizes

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tyre Sizes
From: spriteguy@juno.com (Matthew P Johnson)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:36:41 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
IMO I would not use anything wider than 165s assuming the stock
suspension is in good condition.  But if you want more rubber on the
road, my experience has been that there is room for 185s.  Although I
would recommend the use of a panhard bar  to locate the axle.  A panhard
bar is fairly easy to make or will cost about $150 to buy.  I know of one
individual using 175s, without a panhard bar who is experiencing slight
rubbing when driving hard.

Other tidbits to consider when using 185s:
1)Wheels with 19mm of negative offset (The hub of the wheel is offset
19mm outboard from center.) is about perfect.
2)Because of the increased ride height of the 1500 Midget there is more
clearance.  If you have lowered the car more than 3/4" on an earlier
Spridget it gets a little scary at the front end.

Matt

On Mon, 16 Feb 1998 10:26:58 -0500 pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com (Phil
Profili) writes:
>Anyone have any advice on what tyre (tire!) size is suitable when
>using 13x5"
>wheels (on a square wheel arch car).
>
>Phil

> |.___/    ""-.____/ |      /| Email: pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com   |
><||  Phil Profili  __|-----<-| Phone: (770) 494 1287                 |
> |`,...____...---"'         \| 'scuse me while I fix my tie          |

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]