Re: Aligning drive shaft

To: Chris Stevenson <minor@sunset.net>
Subject: Re: Aligning drive shaft
From: Agustin de la Calle <agustin@risotto.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:12:57 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Chris,

In MHO I don't quite believe that there is NORMALLY a big problem in
changing the drive shaft location. I have been changing my drive shaft
quite a bit, since mine was totally pretty much screwed up. I haven't
experienced any bad vibes, but that doesn't mean that it can happen. All
the manuals say that one should be careful about the re-fitting the drive
shaft to its original location. It didn't really matter in my case (once I
was using the proper one).

 My original drive shaft came with my car, which came some years ago from
Texas. The front "sliding" yoke was not sliding anymore, but frozen to the
transmission. It was driveable! The vibrations were really bad over 50 MPH.
Go figure. I feel very lucky that a) I got alive out of this experience
and b) nothing else broke apart. Serious things could have happened!

Looking forward to warmer weather,

Gus
'71 Midget