Its already too late for me.

To: kunta_sensei@zebra.net
Subject: Its already too late for me.
From: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 11:41:59 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Kunta: After reviewing your website I tought I'd share my dilemma with
you.

http://www.zebra.net/~kunta_sensei/mgcar.html

My BMW 320I was ill (I was soon to discover fatally), my daughter said
Kristen's dad has a car for sale why don't you look at it. IT WAS A MG
MIDGET. 1963 variety, with thousands of dollars of the owners money
invested in the care and feeding of this MIDGET. I tried for a week to
ignore it, I refused to test drive it. Then I succumbed during a moment
of weakness to my Daughter's insistance. When I came back from the drive
the owner said "You can have it for $3000 instead of $4000", little did
I know this was not the kind gesture of a humanitarian, but an act by a
desperate man, who wanted to regain his soul. I took his bait, I drove
to the bank (in the EVIL MIDGET) and took out the cash. The illness and
obsession did not take long to set in. Next thing I know, I'm scanning
the web, ordering books and catalogs, dreaming of the perfect Midget.
Now Kunta it is too late for me, I have pile of books, order parts every
week, drive it to work every day. People wave and smile to me, not
knowing that I am under the spell of this evil car. I am in the hell
created by this MG MIDGET. But to quote a great philosipher: "I'd rather
be a KING in HELL, than a STOOGE in Heaven." I love my Midget, I do not
mind being it's slave. I will die protecting my Midget. If I am sick I
do not want to get well.

Fred
1963 MG Midget MK I 1098CG