Re: easy come, easy go

To: ulix@u.washington.edu, mumford@rpi.edu
Subject: Re: easy come, easy go
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:15:55 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-02-18 12:14:08 EST, ulix@u.washington.edu writes:

<< Try pulling th efuel line off the carb and cranking to see if gas pours
 out of the fuel line. >>

Good suggestion but with one potential problem.  I wouldn't crank the engine
with the coil wire attached.  From experience I can relate that a sonic boom
and subsequent engine compartment fire can result should any of the fuel find
its way to the spark plug or ignition wires.  Luckily my lady friend was
washing her car next to mine and had a hose handy to put out the flames.  I
would just remove the fuel line and let the fuel pump determine if fuel is
being fed to the carbs.

Ron (really felt dumb) Mitchell