Re: no earth strap, but...

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: no earth strap, but...
From: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 01:08:54 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Finally!

The list breathes again!  It's kind of sad how much I look forward to
getting my daily forum of Spridget tales each day.

By the way, I had my  friend Lacey paint a union jack on my cast on my
arm.  Yeah!  :)

Anyhoo--

Evangelos G. Makris wrote:

> Thank you people for telling me where to look
> for the engine earth strap.
>
> Now I know I don't have it.

That's bad.  You want to remedy that.

> However, the negative battery terminal is connected
> to: (a) the engine and (b) the wiper motor body.
>
> (My car has been converted to -ve).
>
> Is this OK or should I change (or add to) these connections?

On most cars I've seen, the negative battery terminal is connected to
the chassis.  Period.  That's it.

Then, the engine block is connected electrically to the chassis close to
the bottom of the car somewhere.  But that's just my experience, and I
only know stuff about 1500s.  My friend's Volvo has the ground strap
connected somewhere under the dash.  *shrug*  Go figure.

> One last question, please tell me what size spanner
> are the four little nuts that tighten the two carb
> linkage shafts (throttle and cold start), item code AJD8012Z?

I have no idea.  Mine are 8mm. - Weber DGV.  Prolly doesn't help you.

 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))
 (+)`---(+)  * http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu * --"---"--o