Re: what kind of tool do I need for this?

To: alan b fisher <hello39@idt.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: what kind of tool do I need for this?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:32:05 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
alan b fisher wrote:
> > What is the kind of tool I need to remove the
> > differential oil drain/refill taps on my 66 Sprite?
> >
> > They are square, almost 0.5", but I am not so sure.
> >
> > It looks like a 0.5" socket extension with the
> > little "ball" removed could do the trick. Wish I
> > knew how to ... remove the ball.

   Hey, I got a $35 gift certificate from Moss Motors
for getting this tip printed in Moss Motoring!

   Buy a cheap 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch adapter (with a half
in square that fits on a 3/8 drive wrench).

   Touch the four sides of the square bit to a grindstone
to take off a VERY little bit of material, just enough to
have a slight taper on the square.

   Then put the unit on your 3/8 socket and whip the suckers out.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada