Frontline/Big Brakes (Premature Expectations)

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frontline/Big Brakes (Premature Expectations)
From: "Larry and Sandi Miller" <millerls@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 13:12:46 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well things are not as rosy as last time I talked about this.  Been
contemplating where to route the brake line and actually installed the line
on the caliper. Big problem.  The line hits the shock and stops the steering
from going to full lock.  I tried a braided line and a stock rubber line.
Both have a collar around the line that keeps the line from flexing at the
connector.  Using extreme prejudice the rubber line can be flexed enough to
clear the shock but there is no way to keep it in this position.  What's
needed is a joint so that the line can come off the caliper going forward.
The problem is that it could not stick out very far and would have to be
slip jointed in order to make sure it came out at the right angle. Anyone
know if I might find a banjo fitting the right size?, that would probably
work. I'm "Stuck In Lodi Again".

Larry Miller
Two Bugeyes, neither working, both resisting fiercely.