mech tach

To: "'patrick.elliott@attws.com'" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Subject: mech tach
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:31:49 -0700
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Patrick,
I too have the same problem,a 1275 with an alternator in a
car with a mechanical tach (Bugeye) . Wanting to keep my
dash looking stock I considered changing the face of a latter
electric tach with the stock mechanical tach (see PDLJMPR
tech info) . This so far has not been a good option.The calibration is
all wrong and no one has been able to tell me
how to recalibrate the electric tach.IMHO going back to a stock
generator with a tach drive is a big step backwards.Mini Mania
advertised a VDO electric tach with a sprite tach face , but I
think this is the face from a latter electric tach . I have decided
to keep my original mechanical tach and am hoping to drive it
with a Mallory duel point distributor that has a tach drive interface
feature . I saw this Mallory tach on an SCCA Sprite
race car with an A series engine. If you hear of a better way
please let me know .
                             Mark Hanna
                             AN5L/13731