Re: Steering Wheel Prices

To: bhndrson@west.net
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel Prices
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:19:14 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

bhndrson@west.net wrote:

> I just had to chuckle at Chas Douglass' concern over the price of a MotoLita
> (?) steering wheel in Moss.  No chuckle directed toward Chas, but the fact
> that the wheel cost 'only' $200.  I recently picked up a very nice 1965
> Porsche 356C Coupe (don't spam me yet - I also have a 1969 Sprite in pretty
> decent shape AND I'd be the first to admit that when push came to shove, I
> wouldn't bet against the Sprite in a game of Chase the Twisties).  Now for
> the little factoid that will make many of you glad you are into LBCs and not
> Germanic iron: my 356 came with a period wooden steering wheel by Les
> Leston.  The replacement cost is $1300 according to several restoration
> sources.  Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?
>
> Bruce Henderson
> 1969 Austin Healey Sprite
> 1965 Porsche 356C Coupe

 I just happen to have a LL steering wheel, wood, about 15" (without going and
measuring) that I would be happy to sell for 1/2 what Porche wants! Ha Ha!
It came on one of my Sprites.

Seriously, if it will work for you, talk to me. I'm not using it.

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98