Putting the motor back together now

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Putting the motor back together now
From: Mymgmidget <Mymgmidget@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 10:27:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Couple questions,

 On the 1500 motor,  there seems to be no listing in any books/manuals on the
installation of valve seals !!  Mine had them in when I tore it apart and they
were pretty tore up when removed.  Just had the head done and it seems they
dont fit !!  Looks like they would get pretty torn up like the ones that were
installed before.  What is the hi/lowlites of running without valce seals ???

Got the crank, .10 over, back from the machine shop late last night and they
actually cut a piece (1") of one of the lobes off !!!!  You can see the torch
and grinding marks on the lobe !!!.  I know it wasnt there before. The machine
shop is closed till monday so it'll have to wait.  I cant believe they would
just cut a piece off like that !!   Has anyone ever seen/heard of such a thing
???
I didnt get it balanced so thats not the answer !!!

Thanks,
Mike