Re: Plug that hole.

To: "Elliott, Patrick" <patrick.elliott@attws.com>
Subject: Re: Plug that hole.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 15:35:57 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Elliott, Patrick wrote:

> Have 1275, Have Down flow radiator (948), have one to many holes for
> temperature sending probes.
> What size / kind of plug should I get ?  Which hole should I use for the
> probe ? Why?

Use the plug on the engine because you care more about the engine's temp
than the radiator's temp.
E.g. if your thermostat fails closed, your radiator temp is cold
while the engine is getting deep fried...

To mount it in the head, you need a spacer to not mangle the bulb.
It is threaded on the outside on one end and on the inside on the other.
I was able to get the spacer from Moss, but it isn't in their catalog.

The hole in the head should have been plugged originally.  I don't know
the thread size off hand.

                                                           '67 Sprite