RE: screws for bugeye mirror

To: dthompson@gbc.ca, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: screws for bugeye mirror
From: Bkitterer <Bkitterer@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 1998 02:04:14 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Daniel,

The studs holding the mirror on our car are flat on the bottom just like the
ones on the windshield or the body. Do not remember there being very much play
between the stud threads and the holes in the mirror mount so alinement was no
problem.  During assembly it just did not look right putting the stud on a
part with counter sunk holes.

Bob and Ann
60 Sprite (just about to leave for Sprite Rush)

p.s.  We all know the old school teacher saying, the only dumb question is the
one not ask.

<<Got a real dumb question for you: the screws that hold the mirror in place
are countersunk, as is the hole they go into; my point being, I don't think
the stud is countersunk, so..... does it just jam into the hole that way or
what?>>