Re: Clutch Slaves

To: patrick.elliott@attws.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Slaves
From: P Van Wig <PVanWig@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 10:04:00 EST
Cc: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-03-23 14:40:34 EST, patrick.elliott@attws.com writes:

<<
 I have hit upon a small snag in my plans to conquer the world with my
 Sprite.
 I have a '62 MKII with the original Master cylinder (Small Bore). And
 have put in a 1275 with a rib case transmission ('67), which by the way
 has the slave that came with it. I don't have the '62 slave. Apparently
 the steel line ran from the MC directly to the slave. The later year
 used a flex line at the Slave end.

 A does not fit B. I went to NAPA (No Auto Parts Available) and they said
 "you can't do it".

 I know I'm am not the first to does this. What do I need?.

It has been some time but if I remember right  when swapping transmissions use
the slave that matches the master and the slave push rod that matches the
trans.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye