Re: Napa fuel pumps

To: ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Napa fuel pumps
From: Miq Millman <miq@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 17:26:18 -0800 (PST)
Cc: lmyer@sprynet.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch says:

> > A point to ponder here:  From my personal experience, getting the pump that
> > puts out 5-7 psi and using a regulator to get it down to the 3.5 psi that
> > webers, or the 2.5 psi that Su's seem to be fond of.
>
> Miq, you didn't really finish the above sentence, do you mean it's BETTER
> to use the 5-7psi pump?

Errk.  fignerz typin fasser den brainz.

Yes. the higher output pump is better to get with a regulator, the pump is
the same price, but then you add a $15 regulator on it (and a replacable
insert, in-line filter for about $8).  I have this setup on three vehicles
with weber carbs: my bugeye, a porsche, and an ole pickup.

Once I switched to the higher output pump, my fuel economy was higher, and
the engines ran smoother.

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com