Re: Zenith Year? AND Smog Control!

To: Les Myer <lmyer@sprynet.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Zenith Year? AND Smog Control!
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 23:38:31 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Before this gets contentious, I want to clear up what I meant. A while back
on the Midget BBS several of the UK owners were taking up for the 1500,
saying that it it didn't have a bad reputation in the UK at all. After much
acrimony, one lone voice pointed out that the home market 1500s did not
have the smog controls that the NA versions had. I was simply wondering if
our UK compatriots could enlighten us as to the performance of home market
1275s and 1500s. I.e., is the 1500, which in the home market was never
'tuned' for smog control, as spritely as the 1275? As dependable? Etc. Just
idle curiosity, but one wonders whether a 1500 set up without the smog
equipment might not turn out to be a sleeper of a deal. More than one
member on this list probably thinks so as they are restoring/driving/having
fun with spitfidgets! Just a friendly dialog, no judgements on anybody's
car.

>More 1500 vs 1275????  Sure, the 1500 should have more torque than a 1275
>and should therefore feel snappier in general putzing about town...snip

Jeff Boatright
Editor-in-Chief, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis
"Seeing the Future in a Very Tiny Way"