Re: bearing life?

To: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: bearing life?
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 20:49:17 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Matt Liggett wrote:

I get the impression that a
> reasonably well-built A-series should last about 60k miles before needing
> opened again.  Is that correct?

I have put about 40,000 miles on my 1275 since acquiring the car.  The
engine is not the original, according to the BMIHT certificate, and I don't
know who rebuilt it or when.   I just completed a 1000 mile trip in the
car, and it arrived home with the same oil in the same quantity as when it
left.  This is one LBC that does not leak oil.  It doesn't smoke or show
any other signs of wear, so I would expect to get a lot more than 60K
before it needs work.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain