Re: 79 Midget low oil pressure warning light

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 79 Midget low oil pressure warning light
From: P Van Wig <PVanWig@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:57:10 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-04-04 16:35:23 EST, richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

<< To:  spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net

 I've just replaced the oil pump in my '79 MIdget, along with the oil
 pressure bypass spring.  I still get a flickering warning light on a
 warmed through engine at anything less than 1500-1800 rpms.

 I'm going to hook up a mechanical guage to it this afternoon and check
 the pressure, but in the meantime, what are the odds that my sending unit
 is bad?

 Any other suggestions?

 Thanks! >>

 The first thing to check in any electrical circuit is the switch and in the
oil light the sender is the switch.

Paul Van Wig
Long Beach, CA
60 Bugeye