Midget 1500 transmission mounts?

To: "\"spridgets@autox.team.net\"" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget 1500 transmission mounts?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 01:12:44 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Has anyone here recently pulled their Midget 1500 engine/tranny
and then reinstalled?

  I seem to be missing some parts but I am trying to figure out exactly
what they are so I can find them.

  The manuals show that the rear of the transmission is bolted to an
item called a "transmission stabilizer" that then attaches somewhere
around the rubber mounts. This assembly apparently keeps the
transmission
from twisting as the clutch is taken up, a problem I have had for
a while.

  My car just has those two empty holes but clearly bolts where attached
there at some time in the past.

  Can somebody remember what those "stabilizers" look like enough
to describe them to me? I might have to fabricate them but they look
really simple if I can figure out where the other ends attach.

  Anybody remember? Mumsy?

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/