Re: Wiring

To: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wiring
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 20:50:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Bill!  I just checked my '73, which has the original harness in it.  On
the right side of the trunk, there are two red wires that come out of the
harness in front of the right tail light and go into a double connector.
Coming out of this connector is a red wire to the right tail light, and a
blue/white wire to the side marker light.   Below the license plate wiring
grommet, one red wire and a black wire come out of the harness and go to
the license plate light.  On the left side, one red wire comes out of the
harness and goes into a double connector.  A blue wire comes out of the
connector to the side marker light, and a red wire to the left tail light.

You mention the red wire to the license plate light, but do you have the
red wires to the tail light on the right side?

On the horns:  I replaced my horns during the restoration of my car.  They
worked when I took them off, but did not when I reinstalled them.  The ones
I took off did not have an isolator under the mounting feet, but the feet
had significant corrosion.  To eliminate this, when I reinstalled my new
horns, I made and installed cork gaskets.  Maybe my new ones would not have
worked if I hadn't used the gaskets.  Have you tried them with a gasket?
Are they "British" horns, or aftermarket horns?

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
'66 BJ8  HBJ8L/36666  "TARHEELY"
'63 BJ7 HBJ7L/20111 "HEALEYUM"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain