Re: My 1500 Piper cam is seized

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: My 1500 Piper cam is seized
From: Eric Mumford <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 1998 16:37:29 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank and list-

> But if your T chain came from Moss and was made in Taiwan, you can
> count on it being the problem. I had 2 1275 crap T chains last amost
> a whole month before one stretched out like a bungee cord and the
> other just dropped a link.

Okay people, NEED THE INFO here, you know?  This information would have
made a SLIGHT impact on my choice of suppliers for a timing chain!  Good
grief!  The timing chain is kind of an INTEGRAL PART of the engine,
would be nice to get a QUALITY ONE.

Sheesh.  Why do companies make crappy stuff to sell to us?  I mean, we
don't need this!  I have spent a LOT of time on this car, and now my
parents are just ranting and raving about how bad a decision it was to
purchase this car and try to fix it, yadda yadda yadda, and all because
some kid was too busy eating fried rice when my timing chain rolled by
on the belt in front of him to notice that it wasn't up to spec.

> I make sure I get UK made OEM engine and brake parts now.

Well Frank, it looks like I'm going to as well.  Could you recommend a
good supplier for a t-chain?

I am only in school for two more weeks before I move out to Boston for a
job.  My mazda 626 transmission crapped out on me two weeks ago and now
my engine is back on the bench for the Midget.  When it rains it pours.

eric

 __.o,\____  *       Eric Mumford          *   ('v')  -> BA-KUK!
/__ \ /  _ ) *      mumford@rpi.edu        *  ((   ))
 (+)`---(+)  * http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu * --"---"--o