NOS leaf springs

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NOS leaf springs
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:26:44 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers

I recently picked up my newly made leaf springs for my Austin A40, the man in
the shop showed me some old springs on a shelf in the back room.
Lots tagged MGB, others just say MG
a few marked AUS (look like big healey) not sure.
3 sets marked AUS exactly like a Sprite. (1/2 leafs)
The markings are stenciled on the springs, the man in the shop says he bought
the place with theses springs, he wants $75 per leaf (150 per car).
Not cheap but they are not made in China either.
I have found out that the suppliers selling "made in the UK" springs by British
Spring LTD are actually assembed in the UK with Chinese steel springs.

How do I know this, My new set from Vic Brit was great untill I filled the gas
tank, then the tires rubbed! The 1/4 leafs from them are way over sprung.
I bought a set for the future, anybody else interested call Mercer Spring,
Trenton, NJ
(609) 586-3119, tell them the guy with the Austin said you have old springs,
he'll know what you mean.

Just passing along the find
Frank