Re: window wiper strips

To: Mike Ellsworth <mikeells@shianet.org>
Subject: Re: window wiper strips
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 22:44:17 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Mike Ellsworth wrote:

> Coming out of winter lurk mode. I spent a couple of frustrating hours this
> afternoon trying, and finally succeeding after a fashion to replace the two
> window wipers on the drivers window of my Midget. Does anyone have a trick
> to make this job any easier? I have fairly large hands, and just couldn't
> get the clips started to attach them to the door. Do you need to remove the
> whole window crank assembly to gain access to the clips? Is there a special
> tool to attach these things? Any ideas?
>
>                                 Mike Ellsworth
>                                 71 Midget

  Mike

I know exactly what you mean!!!
There is a tool that glass shops use called a "hook tool" the use this like a
carpenter uses a hammer.
It is basically a hook on a screwdriver handle but curved just so. I borrowed my
local glass shops hook to replace those clips you are talking about.
I have not seen a hook tool at local tool suppliers, then again I never remeber
to look when I'm out gazing at the tool section of Home Depot.

Patience and a few beers will make it all come together.

Good luck
Frank